PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Marybrough Results - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Marybrough Results - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Marybrough Results - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Marybrough Results - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Marybrough Results - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Marybrough Results - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Marybrough Results - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Marybrough Results - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Marybrough Results - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marybrough Results

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31Marybrough Results - Page 2 Empty Re: Marybrough Results Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:09 pm

Anonymous

You’re all just playing commentary tennis - STFU!
Start another thread about how good/bad the SAAL system is and the rest of us can avoid and enjoy reading about what’s happening on the track in other threads.

32Marybrough Results - Page 2 Empty Re: Marybrough Results Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:21 pm

Anonymous

Perhaps the SA athletes arent ready for such an Open and Transparent System, they have begun voting with their starting blocks.
By the time the meeting comes around Sunday we will probably be looking at two heats of the Gift maybe.
Scratchings at Marion are always high .

Last year 25 nominated 14 ran
Year before 25 nominated 11 ran
This year it looks like 19 on the initial nom list
Could be a first straight out Gift final, every player wins a prize.

33Marybrough Results - Page 2 Empty Re: Marybrough Results Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:00 pm

Anonymous

Be assured that every system will measure and interpret data differently. All data is subject to the surface it was run on and the conditions in which it was run and the subjective adjustments made.

Currently, the VAL has one set adjustment for winds of all speeds and all sprint distances run, and the experienced and educated know that as wind speeds increase this adjustment becomes very inaccurate. The distance run is also ignored by the VAL when it makes its adjustment.

My question - what is the best way to measure track and wind differences for different distances (70m to 200m) ….because that's where the real thinking starts.

I have a solution but what is yours?

34Marybrough Results - Page 2 Empty Re: Marybrough Results Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:02 pm

Anonymous

Fast wrote:2020
Be assured that every system will measure and interpret data differently. All data is subject to the surface it was run on and the conditions in which it was run and the subjective adjustments made.

Currently, the VAL has one set adjustment for winds of all speeds and all sprint distances run, and the experienced and educated know that as wind speeds increase this adjustment becomes very inaccurate. The distance run is also ignored by the VAL when it makes its adjustment.

My question - what is the best way to measure track and wind differences for different distances (70m to 200m) ….because that's where the real thinking starts.

I have a solution but what is yours?

My solution is to move off this thread FAST. Leave Pro Running to the big boys and start your own thread

35Marybrough Results - Page 2 Empty Re: Marybrough Results Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:06 pm

Anonymous

#maytheoddsbeeverinyourfavour

Last edited by TheFatLady on Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum