PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
When will Stawell 2020 be held? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
When will Stawell 2020 be held? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
When will Stawell 2020 be held? EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
When will Stawell 2020 be held? EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
When will Stawell 2020 be held? EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
When will Stawell 2020 be held? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
When will Stawell 2020 be held? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
When will Stawell 2020 be held? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
When will Stawell 2020 be held? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

When will Stawell 2020 be held?

When would like to see Stawell meeting rescheduled for?

When will Stawell 2020 be held? Vote_lcap7%When will Stawell 2020 be held? Vote_rcap 7% [ 5 ]
When will Stawell 2020 be held? Vote_lcap11%When will Stawell 2020 be held? Vote_rcap 11% [ 8 ]
When will Stawell 2020 be held? Vote_lcap7%When will Stawell 2020 be held? Vote_rcap 7% [ 5 ]
When will Stawell 2020 be held? Vote_lcap8%When will Stawell 2020 be held? Vote_rcap 8% [ 6 ]
When will Stawell 2020 be held? Vote_lcap55%When will Stawell 2020 be held? Vote_rcap 55% [ 39 ]
When will Stawell 2020 be held? Vote_lcap11%When will Stawell 2020 be held? Vote_rcap 11% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 71

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1When will Stawell 2020 be held? Empty When will Stawell 2020 be held? Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:43 pm

Anonymous

This poll has Spring onwards options, assuming that the Australian community progress though the Winter months, slowing or stopping spread of COVID.

2When will Stawell 2020 be held? Empty Re: When will Stawell 2020 be held? Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:42 pm

Anonymous

Has Boxing Day and the few days after it been put on the table? As a lot of people are still off work then, or even New Year’s Day as it falls on a Friday meaning it could still be 3 day competition Friday, Saturday, Sunday

3When will Stawell 2020 be held? Empty Re: When will Stawell 2020 be held? Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:05 pm

Anonymous

I think the more pressing question is if the VAL can survive this crises. I know their running costs are minimal compared to a lot of other bigger sports but they do rely a lot on sponsorship dollars and are those sponsorship dollars going to be there in the immediate future after this corona crisis?

4When will Stawell 2020 be held? Empty Re: When will Stawell 2020 be held? Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:56 pm

Anonymous

Locked&Loaded wrote:I think the more pressing question is if the VAL can survive this crises. I know their running costs are minimal compared to a lot of other bigger sports but they do rely a lot on sponsorship dollars and are those sponsorship dollars going to be there in the immediate future after this corona crisis?  

It wouldn't be the end of the world if we ran for minimum or even no prize money for a season to keep everything going. There are plenty of ways around it. I'm sure most runners would be happy to increase the event levy to $10 or so to help out as well, it's nothing considering the expense already involved with travel, accomodation, injury treatment etc.

There are also still six or so blank singlets for potential league sponsors. With the amount of people involved in the VAL and the contacts they have, it shouldn't be too hard to fill them if everybody put some thought into it. A lot of businesses will struggle but a lot will continue to thrive.

The delayed/cancelled football season will be the breaking point for plenty of country clubs thanks to their stupidity with player payments over the years, too many participants with their hand out and too few there for the sport. It's a perfect time to cash in by doing the opposite. Think of ways to give back to the sport, think of potential new meetings such as in fire-affected areas or towns that have lost sporting clubs, the volunteers will still be there willing to help a community event.

PS. This is Jacob Densley, not the Stawell Gift winner (was robbed of it this year).

5When will Stawell 2020 be held? Empty Re: When will Stawell 2020 be held? Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:03 pm

Anonymous

Jacob D wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:I think the more pressing question is if the VAL can survive this crises. I know their running costs are minimal compared to a lot of other bigger sports but they do rely a lot on sponsorship dollars and are those sponsorship dollars going to be there in the immediate future after this corona crisis?  

It wouldn't be the end of the world if we ran for minimum or even no prize money for a season to keep everything going. There are plenty of ways around it. I'm sure most runners would be happy to increase the event levy to $10 or so to help out as well, it's nothing considering the expense already involved with travel, accomodation, injury treatment etc.

There are also still six or so blank singlets for potential league sponsors. With the amount of people involved in the VAL and the contacts they have, it shouldn't be too hard to fill them if everybody put some thought into it. A lot of businesses will struggle but a lot will continue to thrive.

The delayed/cancelled football season will be the breaking point for plenty of country clubs thanks to their stupidity with player payments over the years, too many participants with their hand out and too few there for the sport. It's a perfect time to cash in by doing the opposite. Think of ways to give back to the sport, think of potential new meetings such as in fire-affected areas or towns that have lost sporting clubs, the volunteers will still be there willing to help a community event.

PS. This is Jacob Densley, not the Stawell Gift winner (was robbed of it this year).
I agree. It’s going to take a lot of creative thinking and everyone pulling in the same direction but it’s still going to be a hard road with sacrifices and hits along the way for both the VAL and it’s members. It’s been hard enough as it is for the VAL before this pandemic so I would imagine it’s going to be facing its toughest period ever as are many sports and leagues around the country.

6When will Stawell 2020 be held? Empty Re: When will Stawell 2020 be held? Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm

Anonymous

Anyone hearing if and when it will be rescheduled to?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum