PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Jamaican sprinter Sherone Simpson denies cheating, blames coach EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Jamaican sprinter Sherone Simpson denies cheating, blames coach EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Jamaican sprinter Sherone Simpson denies cheating, blames coach EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Jamaican sprinter Sherone Simpson denies cheating, blames coach EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Jamaican sprinter Sherone Simpson denies cheating, blames coach EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Jamaican sprinter Sherone Simpson denies cheating, blames coach EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Jamaican sprinter Sherone Simpson denies cheating, blames coach EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Jamaican sprinter Sherone Simpson denies cheating, blames coach EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Jamaican sprinter Sherone Simpson denies cheating, blames coach EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jamaican sprinter Sherone Simpson denies cheating, blames coach

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://www.sportal.com.au/other/news/jamaican-sprinter-sherone-simpson-denies-cheating-blames-coach/1o3dgshqsbt4q1x67k6n4msa65

Jamaican sprinter Sherone Simpson denies cheating, blames coach

By Sportal
8th Jan 2014

Jamaican sprinter Sherone Simpson has denied she is a cheat, after testing positive at the national championships last year.

Simpson, who is facing a Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission (JADCO) disciplinary panel in Kingston, tested positive for a stimulant called Oxilofrine but has blamed her coach Christopher Xuereb for the oversight.

"I trusted Chris,'' she said on Tuesday.

"I invited Chris into my very small circle."

Simpson has claimed she researched the supplement Epiphany D1, after adding it along with multiple other substances to her diet when she first linked up with Xuereb in May.

The 29-year-old sprinter added: "I googled the Epiphany D1 on the WADA (World-Anti Doping Agency) banned list and saw nothing on the bottle which appeared on the WADA list. No alarm bell. No red flag."

Xuereb has previously claimed both Simpson and training partner Asafa Powell are using him as a scapegoat.

Simpson was a silver medallist at the Olympic Games in London, after featuring in Jamaica's 4x100m relay team.

The World Anti-Doping Agency have planned an audit of Jamaican athletics' anti-doping program for some time, only for it to be continually pushed back by JADCO.

Simpson and Powell were among eight Jamaican Olympians to test positive to a substance in 2013.

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum