PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Schutz breaks through to win a Classic EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Schutz breaks through to win a Classic EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Schutz breaks through to win a Classic EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Schutz breaks through to win a Classic EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Schutz breaks through to win a Classic EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Schutz breaks through to win a Classic EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Schutz breaks through to win a Classic EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Schutz breaks through to win a Classic EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Schutz breaks through to win a Classic EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Schutz breaks through to win a Classic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Schutz breaks through to win a Classic Empty Schutz breaks through to win a Classic Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:05 pm

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://guardian-messenger.whereilive.com.au/news/story/schutz-breaks-through-in-classic/

Schutz breaks through in Classic

by Gordon Armstrong
Guardian Messenger
6 Feb 12

Schutz breaks through to win a Classic 3299ce4325287f69132e5d2d70cac01c_resized
NARROW WIN: Camden Athletic Club's Brad Schutz fell
over the line after winning the Messenger Community
News Camden Classic on Sunday.

CAMDEN Athletic Club president Frank McHugh hailed front marker Brad Schutz’s win in the Messenger Community News Camden Classic, at Camden Oval, on Sunday, as among the greatest he had seen in the event’s 33-year history.

“You would not believe the number of injuries he has had,” McHugh said of his stable runner Schutz, who used his 40m handicap to full advantage in the win.

“He will remember this moment for the rest of his days. It was one of the greatest efforts to do what he did and with all of those injuries. It was so gutsy.”

Schutz, 23, started off the limit mark at the front of the field and held off some late challengers to win in 48.17.

Kostya Khudoshin (25m) was second and Victorian Robert Keenan (35m) third. Backmarker Bryce Watkins (15m) finished fifth.

Apart from winning his heat to make the 400m Classic final, Schutz was beaten by a stride in the City of West Torrens 120m Open Gift.

He ran a heat and semi final to qualify for that event, meaning he had run four races before the start of the Classic final.

Five runs for the day is believed to be a record or at least equal record for a Camden meet.

Schutz, of Flagstaff Hill, who has run with the McHugh stable for about 10 years, said he was determined to give the Camden feature everything.

“After the Gift (120m) I was so disappointed but my dad took me for a walk for about half an hour and told me I had a shot at it (the Classic) so just go for it,” he said.

“This is probably the first year for a long time that I have been injury free.

“I’m just so pleased but I’m feeling pretty tired in the legs now.”

Schutz’s was popular win among the host Camden stable, who swarmed the track after the race to congratulate him.

Schutz, who won $3000, a sash and other sponsored items as well as being nominated athlete of the year, was presented with his prize by Messenger general manager John Turner and West Torrens mayor John Trainer.

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum