PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Bolt not rusty - ready to go in Ostrava EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Bolt not rusty - ready to go in Ostrava EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Bolt not rusty - ready to go in Ostrava EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Bolt not rusty - ready to go in Ostrava EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Bolt not rusty - ready to go in Ostrava EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Bolt not rusty - ready to go in Ostrava EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Bolt not rusty - ready to go in Ostrava EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Bolt not rusty - ready to go in Ostrava EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Bolt not rusty - ready to go in Ostrava EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolt not rusty - ready to go in Ostrava

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolt not rusty - ready to go in Ostrava Empty Bolt not rusty - ready to go in Ostrava Tue May 31, 2011 9:51 am

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://sportingalert.com/2011/05/usain-bolt-im-not-rusty-and-im-ready-to-prove-it-in-ostrava/

Usain Bolt: I’m not rusty and I’m ready to prove it in Ostrava
By Gary Smith,
Track and Field Contributor
Sporting Alerts
May 30 2011

Ostrava, Czech Republic (Sporting Alert) — Usain Bolt says the jitters are now behind him and he is now ready to fully get his season on the way in his regular confident fashion.

The Jamaican world record holder opened his season with a 9.91seconds victory at the IAAF Diamond League meeting in Rome last week, but admits to being nervous in his first race of the season.

Bolt, who had to dig deep into his reserves to catch fellow countryman Asafa Powell with a late surge in the closing metres in Rome, admits that his overall race performance was dreadful in the Italian capital and he is ready to deliver a better performance.

“Everything that was bad happened there,” the Jamaican speedster admitted during an interview.

“I was only going through the motions. The only good thing to come out of it was that I didn’t lose.”

Before Rome, Bolt had not run in almost ten months after cutting his season short last year with an injury after a defeat to American Tyson Gay.

And despite looking rusty in his last race, the Jamaican dismissed remarks that he is not ready to run.

“My coach [Glen Mills] won’t send me to the track unless I’m ready to run,” and the trip to Sweden abruptly ended Bolt’s 2010 season.

“Last year was my season off [with no global championships], and because it was so long between competitions, I really got nervous last week,” Bolt explained.

“I hadn’t been that nervous in three or four years.”

In Ostrava Bolt will face countryman and world-leader at 9.89, Steve Mullings, as well as training partner Daniel Bailey of Antigua, Kim Collins of St Kitts and Nevis and Ivory Williams of the USA.

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum