PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Sanderson-Milera returns & wins the Hectorville Gift EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Sanderson-Milera returns & wins the Hectorville Gift EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Sanderson-Milera returns & wins the Hectorville Gift EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Sanderson-Milera returns & wins the Hectorville Gift EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Sanderson-Milera returns & wins the Hectorville Gift EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Sanderson-Milera returns & wins the Hectorville Gift EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Sanderson-Milera returns & wins the Hectorville Gift EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Sanderson-Milera returns & wins the Hectorville Gift EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Sanderson-Milera returns & wins the Hectorville Gift EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sanderson-Milera returns & wins the Hectorville Gift

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Youngy

Admin
Admin

SANDERSON-MILERA RETURNS FROM INJURY AND WINS HECTORVILLE GIFT

After a back injury threatened to curtail his season, Grange beach sprinter Tjimarri Sanderson-Milera returned to the track and won the Hectorville Gift at Magill's Daly Oval on Sunday.

Running off 7.50 metres, Sanderson-Milera stormed past front marker Shaun Ryder (14m) to win in 12.53 seconds. In his first open gift final, Coastals teenager Mitchell Tucker (7m) was 2m away in third place.

The Peter Burdett trained Sanderson-Milera had not raced on the track since the Stawell Gift carnival in April due to nerve damage to his lower spine. 

"I wasn't sure how I'd go but I'm really happy to win first up" Sanderson-Milera told the Guardian Messenger. 

"It sets up my second half of the season."

Ten minutes after his win, Sanderson-Milera's stable mate, 14 year old Helena Schwerdt won her first open race over 120m. The women's 120m was dominated by the juniors with Schwerdt (10m) beating Flagstaff Hill's Mikayla Round (10m) and Coastal's Katie Jury (13m).

McKinnon Parade's Corey Watkins (114m) won his third 1600m this season beating home Flinders backmarker Robert Killmier (85m) and Camden's Chad Truscott (240m). The favourite for the Athlete of the Year, it was Watkins' sixth win this season.

A fortnight out from the Camden Classic, 2012 Classic winner Brad Schutz showed a timely return to form with a solid win over 300m. Western District veteran David Miller was 2nd and McKinnon Parade's Jarrad Dartnall 3rd.

Coastal's Lucy Mayo won her second consecutive 300m race, beating home former Women's Camden Classic winners Lucy Buckley and Andrea Sparrow. 

Western District's Lauren Payne scored a unique double winning both the Under 14's 120m and the Under 17 Girl's 120m. In the Under 14's 120m, the judges went to the photo finish to separate Payne and backmarker Max Hagicostas while she had a metre to spare from backmarker Lucy Mayo in the Under 17's.

Camden's Cameron Vinall and Coastal's Luke Buchanan finally broke through for a much deserved win in their particular events with Vinall winning the Under 17 boy's 120m and Buchanan running a swift 32.8seconds to win the Novice 300m. 

Team Townley swept the placings in the Over 45's 120m with Lyn Peake holding off stablemates Brett Stokes and Sue Turner.

In an exciting race where any one of six athletes could have won with 50m to go, Flagstaff Hill's Peter Biggs flew down the outside to pip Mark Burns and John Turner on the line in the Over 35's 300m.

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum