PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Sclanders wins again and now heads for the Bay (Brighton Review) EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Sclanders wins again and now heads for the Bay (Brighton Review) EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Sclanders wins again and now heads for the Bay (Brighton Review) EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Sclanders wins again and now heads for the Bay (Brighton Review) EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Sclanders wins again and now heads for the Bay (Brighton Review) EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Sclanders wins again and now heads for the Bay (Brighton Review) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Sclanders wins again and now heads for the Bay (Brighton Review) EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Sclanders wins again and now heads for the Bay (Brighton Review) EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Sclanders wins again and now heads for the Bay (Brighton Review) EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sclanders wins again and now heads for the Bay (Brighton Review)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Anonymous

Sclanders wins again and now heads for the Bay

Brooklyn Park’s Tom Sclanders scored his fourth win this season when he took out the feature event – the Keith Patching 70m Sprint at the Brighton athletic carnival on Sunday. Sclanders had previously won over 300m twice and won the 120m Pre-Bay gift the previous week.

Running from the back mark of 4.75 metres, Sclanders won by 2m from Chris Simpson (7.75m) and Ali Saliu (10.75m) in the quickest time of the day of 7.67secs.

Sclanders has suffered from shin soreness for much of this season and is hopeful he can maintain his career best form to the Bay Sheffield on December 28.

“I have a hot spot on my shin that I need to watch which is being carefully managed by my coach (Paul Young) and (Dr) Geoff Verrall.’

“The win today gives me a lot of confidence that we can get through to the Bay with no major problems,” Sclanders said.

Edwardstown’s Dylan Hicks remarkable Gift form continued when he won his third 120m event this season, adding Brighton to his wins at Port Adelaide and Henley. Hicks (8.50m) beat training partner Clay Watkins (3.25m) and four time Bay Sheffield finalist, Tim Johnson (8.50m) in 12.80secs.

After several minor placings, Lucy Buckley finally secured her first win of the season when she blitzed the field in the women’s 120m. Coached by the 1981 Bay Sheffield winner Anthony Tohl, Buckley (12.50m) was too good for Camden’s Megan Letton (13.25m) and dual Women’s bay Sheffield winner Lynette Mattingly (5.50m) in 14.46secs.

Ben Crawford’s appetite for sashes wasn’t satisfied after his fourth win at the previous week’s Pre-Bay meet. Crawford stamped his claim for the SA Athletic League’s athlete of the year with a fifth win – this time over 1000m. The form middle distance athlete of the SAAL, Crawford (60m) won by a massive 30m from Kostya Khudoshin (45m) and Brian Golden (70m) and now looks unstoppable for the feature middle distance events at the Bay Sheffield carnival. Crawford’s winning time was 2mins 25.89secs.

Another multiple winner this season, Simon Thompson, added the first open 400m event of the SAAL season to his three previous wins over 400m, 550m (both in Victoria) and the Pre-Bay 70m. Thompson (42m) skipped away in the straight from Kostya Khudoshin (25m) and backmarker James Boden (8m) who flew in from Perth for the race.

The women’s 400m was a battle between the Robb sisters with Amy (42m) beating her elder sibling Katherine (27m) in 53.62secs. Ali Trewartha (39m) made it a Steve Butler coached trifecta when she just pipped Flinders’ Teagan Kustermann (32m) for 3rd.

Another stable to see a 1-2-3 finish was Luke Hildyard's Coastal squad when it dominated the Under 20’s 70m. In a very close finish Katie Jury (15.25m) won by 0.05sec from Jess Rafanelli (8.50m) and Margaret Cusenza (17.50m) in 7.86secs.

After some indifferent results in recent meets, self-trained Ali Saliu ran himself into form with a gutsy win in the over 35’s 120m. Saliu (8.75m) looked out of the contest until he desperately threw at the line to edge out Mark Donovan (16.50m) and David Miller (9.50m) in 13.76secs.

Running from scratch, Flinders’ Shane Thiele rounded the entire field to win the Over 35’s 1000m from Salvador Jurado (70m) and Ron Axford (195m), in the good time of 2mins 41.05secs. While in the women’s 1000m, McKinnon Parade’s Lisa Roberts (160m) had 30m to spare from Isabella Partington (200m) and Melissa Lloyd (58m) winning in a time of 2mins 37.71secs.

In the junior events, two athletes scored their first SAAL sash. Brianna Heinjus won her first SAAL race when she took out the Under 14’s 120m from Emma Jury and Sophie Bonner in 13.80secs, while Fraser Hugget also took home a sash after a strong showing in the Under 17’s 400m, scoring from Lewis Abdul and Murlin Every.

Anonymous

Great run from Sclanders, i still cant see him top 5 at bay,
I think its an interstate race this year,
Although lets hope for SA sake he can do some damage

Anonymous

Geez hillbilly, I'd like to know who your interstate tips are, because sclanders is a certainty to give the bay a huge shake.

From what I've seen in Victoria there isn't too many in the shape that sclanders is.

Anonymous

I agree. Not convinced the SA standard is all that good this year. Sclanders is the best of a weak lot.

WA v Vic this year.

Anonymous

Vicinsider, he was favorite last year and ran 3rd in his semi,
In a reletivley average feild that year

Anonymous

Hear what you saying hillbilly, but Sclanders is a much improved runner on last year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum