PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Stokesy's Report on the over35s sprints - Tim Johnson triumphs at Port Adelaide after historic Race Off to decide the 8th place in the final EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Stokesy's Report on the over35s sprints - Tim Johnson triumphs at Port Adelaide after historic Race Off to decide the 8th place in the final EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Stokesy's Report on the over35s sprints - Tim Johnson triumphs at Port Adelaide after historic Race Off to decide the 8th place in the final EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Stokesy's Report on the over35s sprints - Tim Johnson triumphs at Port Adelaide after historic Race Off to decide the 8th place in the final EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Stokesy's Report on the over35s sprints - Tim Johnson triumphs at Port Adelaide after historic Race Off to decide the 8th place in the final EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Stokesy's Report on the over35s sprints - Tim Johnson triumphs at Port Adelaide after historic Race Off to decide the 8th place in the final EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Stokesy's Report on the over35s sprints - Tim Johnson triumphs at Port Adelaide after historic Race Off to decide the 8th place in the final EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Stokesy's Report on the over35s sprints - Tim Johnson triumphs at Port Adelaide after historic Race Off to decide the 8th place in the final EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Stokesy's Report on the over35s sprints - Tim Johnson triumphs at Port Adelaide after historic Race Off to decide the 8th place in the final EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stokesy's Report on the over35s sprints - Tim Johnson triumphs at Port Adelaide after historic Race Off to decide the 8th place in the final

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Anonymous

Brian Hart had never seen one.

Anton Van Bavel had never seen one.

It was a Race Off at the Port.

After a deadheat for second behind David Palmer in the second of the four heats, there were nine runners in the final but only 8 lanes available for the final of the Checkside Tavern 120m for Over35s at the SA Athletic League Port Adelaide Carnival today Sunday October 14th 2012

So it was up to me and David Miller to compete one on one.

And I was fortunate enough to win the Race Off and make the final, where Tim Johnson triumphed from scratch, with Shane Grimwade and David Palmer in the minor placings.

Other finalists were Brett Stokes, Ross Hill-Brown, John Turner, Alex Jefferies and Ray Earl.

My thanks to all the competitors and officials and coaches - it is a great joy for me to be a part of this wonderful sport.

Last edited by Stokesy on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum