PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Ballarat teacher takes out Daylesford Gift EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Ballarat teacher takes out Daylesford Gift EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Ballarat teacher takes out Daylesford Gift EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Ballarat teacher takes out Daylesford Gift EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Ballarat teacher takes out Daylesford Gift EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Ballarat teacher takes out Daylesford Gift EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Ballarat teacher takes out Daylesford Gift EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Ballarat teacher takes out Daylesford Gift EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Ballarat teacher takes out Daylesford Gift EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ballarat teacher takes out Daylesford Gift

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ballarat teacher takes out Daylesford Gift Empty Ballarat teacher takes out Daylesford Gift Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:23 am

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/local/sport/athletics/ballarat-teacher-takes-out-daylesford-gift/2500007.aspx

Ballarat teacher takes out Daylesford Gift

BY PAT NOLAN
Ballarat Courier
25 Mar, 2012

Ballarat teacher takes out Daylesford Gift 1784621

BALLARAT’S Shane Woodrow can now add a Daylesford Gift crown to last year’s 550-metre title at the Stawell Gift carnival.

Woodrow, running off 4.75 yards, took out the 100-yard Daylesford Gift at Cricket Willow yesterday, beating a strong field including 2010 champion Shaun Hargreaves.

The Ballarat Grammar School teacher won by the narrowest of margins in the final, claiming the title in a time of 10.24 seconds, 0.01 seconds in front of Matt Hargreaves (scratch), with Adam Cabble (6.5 yards) third.

Woodrow, 27, said the win had exceeded all his expectations.

“It’s a bit of surprise, I really didn’t aim for it to be honest,” he said.

“I just wanted to make the final, I had never made a gift final so I wanted to see what it was like.”

Woodrow admitted he was lucky to even make the final, having not won his heats nor the semi-final.

In fact, Matt Hargreaves beat Woodrow in the semi-final, with the Ballarat sprinter advancing to the final because of a quick time.

“It’s hard to read a lot into the heats and semi-finals, guys might not always be gunning before the final,” he said.

“I was pretty nervous there before the final but maybe that gave me the extra legs I needed.

“It was a great day for me overall. I had been running pretty well but throwing in a poor race every now and then but today I felt good and put in three solid races.”

Traditionally a middle-distance runner, Woodrow has lately started turning his attention to sprint races, although says he still prefers the longer distances.

“Maybe I’ll started doing a few more sprints now – I got a $1200 cheque,” he quipped.

Woodrow will now turn his attention to the Stawell Gift in two weeks’ time.

He will be able to compete in a number of events at the famous carnival. Woodrow said he hoped to reach the semi-finals of the Stawell Gift.

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum