PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Gerrard Keating back in Toowoomba - and he's ready to coach EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Gerrard Keating back in Toowoomba - and he's ready to coach EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Gerrard Keating back in Toowoomba - and he's ready to coach EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Gerrard Keating back in Toowoomba - and he's ready to coach EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Gerrard Keating back in Toowoomba - and he's ready to coach EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Gerrard Keating back in Toowoomba - and he's ready to coach EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Gerrard Keating back in Toowoomba - and he's ready to coach EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Gerrard Keating back in Toowoomba - and he's ready to coach EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Gerrard Keating back in Toowoomba - and he's ready to coach EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gerrard Keating back in Toowoomba - and he's ready to coach

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Youngy

Admin
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Keating eager to get back into coaching stride

By Glen McCullough
Toowoomba Chronicle
20th Feb 2013

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gerrard Keating back training at Toowoomba's Newtown Park. Kevin Farmer

GERRARD Keating has gone back to basics and familiar surrounds as he looks to regain a foothold in Toowoomba's athletics' coaching ranks.

Keating returned to Toowoomba in November after spending the majority of 2012 in Vietnam as the country's national sprint coach.

But Keating's homecoming has hit a professional brick wall as he struggles to regain a place in the coaching workforce

Keating is currently working with a small team of athletes in Newtown Park, still anxious to receive a call which might see him resume some of the high profile roles he has enjoyed in the city.

Prior to accepting his Vietnam appointment, Keating had been The Glennie School's athletics co-ordinator while international sprinter Charlotte van Veenendaal was a high profile member of his athletics squad.

"I returned to Toowoomba earlier than I initially thought, for family reasons," Keating said this week.

"I loved my role in Vietnam and although it was quite difficult at times I'm glad I took the opportunity.

"I didn't come back expecting to find things the same and think I'd just pick up where I left off.

"I will be doing some work with the Glennie juniors shortly, which I'm looking foward to.

"But beyond that it's a little frustrating for me now and I'm starting to wonder whether I've made a mistake work-wise returning to Toowoomba.

"I'm not looking to try and take athletes away from coaches or step on any toes, but I'm available and I'm missing coaching."

Keating is both a Level 4 athletics' coach and is a qualified strength and conditioning coach.

"It's great to be back working in this park," Keating said.

"This is a place I really missed while I was in Vietnam.

"Naturally I enjoy working on the track as well but this is a special place to work with athletes.

"We've achieved some amazing results from here over the years.

"Multiple Australian and state champions and a Stawell Gift winner have all trained here.

"Nathan Allan (2007 Stawell Gift winner) loved it here. Martha Churchett, Kieren Nielsen, and Pip Kehoe are just a few of the others who trained here with me."

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum