PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Stokesy's Report on the SAAL Over45 Sprints - 200m at TTG - young Eugene DeVizio takes the sash - Brian Hart makes final but does not run in the final EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Stokesy's Report on the SAAL Over45 Sprints - 200m at TTG - young Eugene DeVizio takes the sash - Brian Hart makes final but does not run in the final EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Stokesy's Report on the SAAL Over45 Sprints - 200m at TTG - young Eugene DeVizio takes the sash - Brian Hart makes final but does not run in the final EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Stokesy's Report on the SAAL Over45 Sprints - 200m at TTG - young Eugene DeVizio takes the sash - Brian Hart makes final but does not run in the final EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Stokesy's Report on the SAAL Over45 Sprints - 200m at TTG - young Eugene DeVizio takes the sash - Brian Hart makes final but does not run in the final EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Stokesy's Report on the SAAL Over45 Sprints - 200m at TTG - young Eugene DeVizio takes the sash - Brian Hart makes final but does not run in the final EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Stokesy's Report on the SAAL Over45 Sprints - 200m at TTG - young Eugene DeVizio takes the sash - Brian Hart makes final but does not run in the final EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Stokesy's Report on the SAAL Over45 Sprints - 200m at TTG - young Eugene DeVizio takes the sash - Brian Hart makes final but does not run in the final EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Stokesy's Report on the SAAL Over45 Sprints - 200m at TTG - young Eugene DeVizio takes the sash - Brian Hart makes final but does not run in the final EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stokesy's Report on the SAAL Over45 Sprints - 200m at TTG - young Eugene DeVizio takes the sash - Brian Hart makes final but does not run in the final

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Anonymous

The Retirement Strategies 200m for over45s at Tea Tree Gully was very serious.

In the first heat your reporter Brett Stokes recovered from a poor bend to win just ahead of Peter Biggs and Sue Turner and Ali Saliu, time a bit over 23 secs.

Last year's winner Chris Dimitrak in the yellow did not make it into the straight, falling half way round the curve with an injury, reportedly a torn hamstring.

Just after Chris went down next to me, I lost momentum in a dip and then again a few steps later, so I lost a lot of time - but I ran the straight well.

The second heat was another tight contest with Eugene DeVizio and Mick Abbott getting through in under 22.5 secs, with Lyn Peake and John Turner just missing out.

Then the third heat was won by the legend Brian Hart, ahead of Ross Hill-Brown, in around 22.5 secs.

As the sunlight faded and the evening grew colder, we were getting ready to line up for the start of the final. I was pre-occupied with trying to keep my back from seizing up, lots of warm clothes and leg lifts while bending my lower back over the foam roller and dig dig dig with the magic massage stick.

As we took off I realised there was no Brian Hart in the field - what happened to the legend? Was he kidnapped by aliens? I do not know, but I hope Brian is okay.

And I did the bend perfectly, like back two years ago when I won this race.

I used the same trick as I did in the 2011 final, managing to keep my legs a bit bent (and my hips low) out of the blocks and all the way around the bend - the roller coaster near the goal posts did not bother me and I entered the straight feeling fantastic, flying past Mick Abbott and ready to run Eugene down.

And I nearly caught Eugene - and Ross Hill-Brown did catch me.

Eugene did a specky tumble just after the finish line but bounced back to his feet smiling.

The winning time was less than 22.1 secs.

Well done to young Eugene.

And thanks everyone for an exciting time.

Last edited by Stokesy on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum