PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Usain Bolt - my main aim is to be a legend EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Usain Bolt - my main aim is to be a legend EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Usain Bolt - my main aim is to be a legend EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Usain Bolt - my main aim is to be a legend EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Usain Bolt - my main aim is to be a legend EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Usain Bolt - my main aim is to be a legend EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Usain Bolt - my main aim is to be a legend EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Usain Bolt - my main aim is to be a legend EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Usain Bolt - my main aim is to be a legend EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Usain Bolt - my main aim is to be a legend

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20120509/sports/sports1.html

'I need to win ... and run fast' - Usain charts route to legendary status

By Ryon Jones, Staff Reporter
The Gleaner
Wednesday | May 9, 2012

Usain Bolt - my main aim is to be a legend 06

The world's fastest man, Usain Bolt, remains focused on his objective of becoming a legend in the sport of track and field. Having already set the sport and the world alight with record-breaking runs to claim gold in the 100m, 200m and as a member of the 4x100m relay team at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and 2009 Berlin World Championships, Bolt has his sights set on bettering the feats at this summer's Olympics in London, England.

"My main aim is to become a legend, and if I am going to do that I need to win and to run fast, so it is no pressure for me, as this is what I want," Bolt declared. "I am going out there for myself first and my country next."

Chairman of the London Organising Committee for the 2012 Olympic Games, Sebastian Coe, stated earlier this year that the emergence of Yohan Blake and the return of American Tyson Gay could push Bolt to another world record over the 100m, possibly in the region of 9.4 seconds.

"It would be good (to break the record) because I have done it twice in two championships, so a lot of people are looking forward to seeing that, but for me the key thing is winning because I have to win first," Bolt reasoned.

Though not consumed with breaking records, the 25-year-old believes anything is possible.

"For me, it is always to work hard and just to go out there and win the gold; that's always my focus," Bolt disclosed. "The times always come, so if I continue running fast, continue working hard, then you never know what could be possible."

The sprint sensation got his 2012 season off to a later start than usual, which led to speculation that he was he injured. However, he erased such fears by clocking his fastest-ever season-opener over 100m, posting 9.82 seconds to win at Saturday's JN Jamaica International Invitational.

"It is always good to start on a positive note. I have been working hard this season on a few things and it is all coming together, so I am happy for myself," Bolt shared.

"I have been explaining to people that coach (Glen Mills) decides where and when I run. He decided that I was going to start later this season, so I started later and it worked out better, so that's good," he added.

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum