PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Coach Mills adamant Bolt is not afraid of Blake EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Coach Mills adamant Bolt is not afraid of Blake EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Coach Mills adamant Bolt is not afraid of Blake EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Coach Mills adamant Bolt is not afraid of Blake EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Coach Mills adamant Bolt is not afraid of Blake EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Coach Mills adamant Bolt is not afraid of Blake EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Coach Mills adamant Bolt is not afraid of Blake EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Coach Mills adamant Bolt is not afraid of Blake EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Coach Mills adamant Bolt is not afraid of Blake EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coach Mills adamant Bolt is not afraid of Blake

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://www.trackalerts.com/news/lead-stories/5776-qbolt-was-not-scared-of-blakeq-coach-glen-mills

Coach Mills adamant Bolt is not afraid of Blake Usain_bolt_shirt_off
Usain Bolt walks back without his shirt as Yohan Blake looks on after the false start in Daegu.

"Bolt was not scared of Blake" - coach Glen Mills

By Anthony Foster,
trackalerts.com
Monday, 26 September 2011

KINGSTON, Jamaica - Glen Mills has rubbished claims that his mega star sprinter Usain Bolt false started because he was afraid of coming up short to Yohan Blake, in the World Championships 100m finals, in Daegu, South Korea.

Since false starting, several 'experts' have voiced their opinions - including the theory - that Bolt feared getting out behind Blake and having to play catch-up, and this caused him to get up before the gun sounded.

Speaking on KLAS-FM Radio's afternoon programme, last week, Mills was asked by the interviewer if Bolt was scared of Blake, which resulted in his false starting.

Mills reply was, "He trains with Yohan so he knows what Yohan can do, so he had no need to be anxious."

The interviewer however, followed up by saying, "Precisely, that's why he wanted to have a step on him," to which Mills replied "That doesn’t sound like the Bolt I know..."

Blake, on CVM at Sunrise morning programme, last week, was asked the same question, and he too shot down the theory that Bolt was afraid of him. "He isn't afraid of no one, in training or on the track. I just think he was off with the start and he wanted to get his start right ... I think it was just that, he was ready, he was excited to get going," Blake said.

Mills, had said that Bolt was the last person he expected to false start.
Follow us on twitter Join Us On Facebook Subscribe to our youtube check our blip vidoes

"I was shocked of course; because that was the last thing I was expecting to happen, at least, not from Usain. I was stunned."

Blake, who USA's Olympic and World Champion Maurice Greene had earlier picked to win, delivered with a 9.92, to become the youngest ever Champion at age 21.

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum