PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Race Report Ballarat? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Race Report Ballarat? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Race Report Ballarat? EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Race Report Ballarat? EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Race Report Ballarat? EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Race Report Ballarat? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Race Report Ballarat? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Race Report Ballarat? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Race Report Ballarat? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Race Report Ballarat?

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Race Report Ballarat? Empty Race Report Ballarat? Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:00 am

Anonymous

Race Report Ballarat?

2Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:35 am

Anonymous

DDog wrote:Race Report Ballarat?

Hey Dog , dont get immpatient, in SA we havent had one since Kensington in NOV Laughing

3Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:46 am

Anonymous

Thought it might be interesting read this week. Fair bit happening in all grades. Some massive improvements.

4Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:21 pm

Anonymous

Yes and the improvements were due to the condition of the track.

5Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:02 pm

Anonymous

El Chapo still believes in Santa, the tooth fairy and the best of all the ‘Easter Bunny’ who also brings on rapid improvement.

6Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:25 pm

Anonymous

El Chapo track was a bit damp at Parkdale but there was tailwind. Most athletes in 120”s went .2 to .4 quicker. One runner went eight tenths faster and massacres ceiling time but no sanction. Another athlete went 6 tenths faster no mention. WTF
Further rant, I must have seen different replay to stewards of 300 masters. One runner causes mayhem which stewards first of all dismiss, then by the time they get to last paragraph - then tell how it may have been. More spin than Scotty from marketing.

Last edited by DDog on Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:54 pm

Anonymous

DDog wrote:El Chapo track was a bit damp at Parkdale but there was tailwind. Most athletes in 120”s went .2 to .4 quicker. One runner went eight tenths faster and massacres ceiling time but no sanction. Another athlete went 6 tenths faster no mention. WTF
Further rant, I must have seen different replay to stewards of 300 masters. One runner causes mayhem which stewards first of all dismiss then by time get to they get to last paragraph then tell how it may have been. More spin than Scotty from marketing.

Are you basically saying it’s just the usual suspects taking the piss and getting off scott free DDogg ?

8Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:57 pm

BMara

DDog wrote:El Chapo track was a bit damp at Parkdale but there was tailwind. Most athletes in 120”s went .2 to .4 quicker. One runner went eight tenths faster and massacres ceiling time but no sanction. Another athlete went 6 tenths faster no mention. WTF
Further rant, I must have seen different replay to stewards of 300 masters. One runner causes mayhem which stewards first of all dismiss then by time get to they get to last paragraph then tell how it may have been. More spin than Scotty from marketing.

Last edited by BMara on Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:30 pm

Anonymous

Hi Mara, sorry to drag you away from “ Judge Judy”. I will agree to disagree with you re interference at Maribyrnong. In regards to Ballarat demolition derby I am still trying to work out report. Did P ODwyer cause the crash or didn’t he.

10Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:47 pm

Anonymous

Well my pi$$ take comment got the conversation going. I agree with DDog.
The stewards report is a ripper this week.
My favourite part - “Although stewards and handicappers believed the improvement was significant, no further action was taken.” That’s a green light for everyone to grind the handbrake for another 8 weeks.
Hopefully the hcp adjustment after the win and time will level the playing field, maybe.

11Race Report Ballarat? Empty Ballarat Race Report Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:29 pm

Anonymous

I’ve been going to the running for the last 20 years and I’m associated with a Large Stable.
The Ballarat Gift is one of the great meets on the VAL Calendar. It is well known that pro running has a lot of intrigue, mystique and at times skull doggery.
I have some deep concerns about what happened at Ballarat 2020.

What was going on in the Womens Gift?
Laura McDougall’s last run was @ Terang off 6m, she had a lift to 14.25m @ Ballarat? After her heat win she was brought back 2.25m to 12m, this could have implied that she was cheating.
What a way to get rid of a young sprinter.
How does that happen? Who’s fault is that?

Winner of Front Markers 400m had her last run over this distance @ Ballarat 2019.
This year gets lifted 8m and wins in a cake walk. How does that happen?

120m Masters - Wow, approximately 6 – 7 m quicker than Parkdale – who can do that?
After breaking ceiling time in heat? No re-handicap?
Good for some but not others.

300m Masters – Well what a shambles – I always thought you had to be 2m clear before you can overtake another runner in all circular events BUT apparently not.
Haven’t seen the video yet but I was very close to the home turn right where the incident occurred (plus I have 20/20 vision).
How can someone who is in front of the runner in white have their arms taken out, which caused this mayhem - get flattened and no repercussions handed out to the instigator.

12Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:42 pm

Anonymous

The Greens Senator. Try doing some research next time before commenting

Mcdougalls last run was actually at St Albans where she ran 15.189s off 13m (7.09m/s)

Come Ballarat a mere 3 weeks later and she comes out and runs a 13.969 off 14.25 (7.503m/s)

Try justifying that. By the looks of it she got off very lightly considering she has improved more than what Talia Martin did between Ararat and Stawell back in 2016 (7.3-7.8m/s) and we all know how that turned out.

Also from talking to others, shes a women in her 30's, not a "young sprinter" like your making her out to be. Improvement like that would be much more acceptable from a young sprinter but for someone older to improve by that much is very unusual and suspicious.

13Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:06 pm

Anonymous

Don't let the SAAL rub off on you Vics.. Dont buy into the politics, especially from a Greens senator..
We need your help over here in SA.

Get it together like Shakirra & JLo at the half time Superbowl concert & we could have a National league on our hands pretty soon!

Love you - Happy Valentines xx

14Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:13 pm

Anonymous

I must have been watching a different 300m race than the one the stewards report was about. That wasn't what I saw happen??
Also watched a replay which confirmed my thoughts 🤔

15Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:21 pm

Anonymous

Ddog it would be nice to have a chat at the next meeting.

But rather than involve the chief steward again, and given you want to throw me under the bus.

I will give you the inside information about the 300 masters at Ballarat the biggest and best masters' race in the world.

As you are well aware, I live in Ballarat, and Ballarat Is our grand final, the best pro meet in Australia. So obviously I had set myself for it, did the peak etc. As you’re an expert, you would fully understand that sprinters can not peak every week and I'm still struggling to walk today, and it is 5 days since I won at the 120m at Ballarat, but that all aside it would have been nice to win the 300m masters race and my first sash in 10 years. Unfortunately, it didn't happen.

So here is my take on the famous 300 the biggest and best masters race in the world - that I wanted to win.

My race plan was to go past the blue at the start and to catch the yellow as quick as I could, sit one out and back and then go for home on the outside. What actually happened was, I had a clear path through in the straight however at the last moment the green move marginally in and the yellow also move out as forced to by the black... My arm entangled the green accidentally, and that forced me onto the yellow, and they both, unfortunately, went down also ruining my chances of a run home and any chance of a winning the most prestigious masters race in the world.

As the backmarker I have a duty of care to the other runners in front, so I accept responsibility for the incident, it was accidental, unintentional and the consequences were it cost me the prestige of winning the biggest masters race in the world in front of a home town crowd!

I am so glad that masters running is so important to you, as it is to me, life long health and fitness has been a driving purpose of what I do.

As for the 120m masters, missing winning the 300m the motivation was to go all out and risk injury and a try to win the 120 masters at Ballarat.

That win, my first in 10years and second win in 15 years, if you do the research was consistent with my 120m run at the Bay Sheffield and my 100m win at the Australian masters champion, Ballarat was also a fast track with a down hill finish. And a big tail wind almost double the. legal wind.

If you still have a problem with that then come and have a chat at the next meeting you know where to find me. In the mean time enjoy your running.

Last edited by Fast on Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total

16Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:35 am

Anonymous

Thanks Peter but my question was to Mara. Not wanting to throw you under the bus, I was just wanting a clarification. It looked like the stewards were having an each way bet.

17Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:30 am

Anonymous

As the runner in the green I can tell you now that I did not move in slightly. Quite the opposite, I was moving wider as I was looking for a gap and it just wasn't there. Yes it sucks going wider as you actually need to cover extra ground and its highly inconvenient when you're about to make your move on the leaders....Even more inconvenient when you commit to going wide and out of now where you are cannoned into and taken out of the race

13 years ago I came down in a race fall at Daylsford in a 400m final (in very similar circumstances). I broke my right elbow and spent two days at St Vinnies having it operating on. No action was taken by stewards and my right arm has been dodgy ever since

Slice it, dice any way you want O'Dwyer but the fact is you tried to force your way through a gap that just wasn't there. You brought me down and ironically a runner that you train down as well. It's dumb luck in your favor that no-one got seriously hurt. Still waiting for your apology but I won't be holding my breath..

P.S The whole "richest masters race in the world" thing is a bit of a piss take. It's not really that big a deal. Just a bit of fun to hype the race for a bunch of older athletes. I love racing and I love winning. At the end of the day though, for me, winning isn't everything, there are other things far more import e.g safety of other runners around me.

18Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:41 am

Anonymous

Couldn't agree more Hitman as that’s how I saw it too.
What is the point of Stewards if they can’t act?

19Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:54 am

Anonymous

Race Report Ballarat? 88984610Race Report Ballarat? 88984610

20Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:57 am

Anonymous

Clearly, there is sufficient room between the Green and Yellow.

Last edited by Fast on Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

21Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:57 am

Anonymous

Spot on Hitman.

Sometimes people will choose to recall a different outcome to actual events after a stressful experience.

Reminds me of how Ray Finkle saw the ball for his shanked place kick - “The laces were in, the laces were in!!!”

22Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:28 am

Anonymous

Race Report Ballarat? 6293b410
Race Report Ballarat? 0e561010
Race Report Ballarat? 55e83910Race Report Ballarat? 6293b410
Race Report Ballarat? 0e561010
Race Report Ballarat? 55e83910

23Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:48 pm

Anonymous

Crying or Very sad
Hitman17 wrote:As the runner in the green I can tell you now that I did not move in slightly. Quite the opposite, I was moving wider as I was looking for a gap and it just wasn't there. Yes it sucks going wider as you actually need to cover extra ground and its highly inconvenient when you're about to make your move on the leaders....Even more inconvenient when you commit to going wide and out of now where you are cannoned into and taken out of the race

13 years ago I came down in a race fall at Daylsford in a 400m final (in very similar circumstances). I broke my right elbow and spent two days at St Vinnies having it operating on. No action was taken by stewards and my right arm has been dodgy ever since

Slice it, dice any way you want O'Dwyer but the fact is you tried to force your way through a gap that just wasn't there. You brought me down and ironically a runner that you train down as well. It's dumb luck in your favor that no-one got seriously hurt. Still waiting for your apology but I won't be holding my breath..

P.S The whole "richest masters race in the world" thing is a bit of a piss take. It's not really that big a deal. Just a bit of fun to hype the race for a bunch of older athletes. I love racing and I love winning. At the end of the day though, for me, winning isn't everything, there are other things far more import e.g safety of other runners around me.

Tom, I’m sorry - what part of what I said was incorrect now you have had a chance to look at the photos. As I said in my post, I accept responsibility, as the backmarker has a duty of care, but to suggest that there was not a gap is incorrect, the photos clearly show there was.

24Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:10 pm

Anonymous

Hitman, If you were so sure it was O'Dwyers fault (which it wasn't as you could have driven a semi through that gap) why when laying on the track did you proceed to abuse the Yellow with the most foul language in front of women and young children? I also heard you call him a "cheat" and "would do anything to win". You are the one that should be apologizing to the running fraternity for your unprofessional behavior. It appears to me you are trying to deflect the blame for something that you were partly responsible for.

25Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:49 pm

Anonymous

I apologised to Andrew to his face in front of the stewards once I got all my facts straight. Not my finest hour but hey I’m not perfect - I’m assuming you all. I was not to blame for the incident in any way shape or form - this is fact and confirmed by the chief steward himself - you were clearly not there so get your facts right before posting rubbish under a pseudonym on a forum. If you have something to say to me , come and say it to my face, I’m all ears, you know where to find me

26Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:23 pm

Anonymous

I was there, saw and heard every word of it, but it is good to hear you apologised. Unfortunate other witnesses will be unaware of that. You were happy to direct total blame on O'Dwyer on this forum, but don't like it when I disagree. As the stewards said " no one athlete was at fault"

27Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:29 am

Anonymous

Unless you are one of the stewards you weren’t there in the tent with myself, Drummond and O’Dwyer when the verdict was handed down. It was only us and the stewards and my coach.

I’m not going to repeat what Brian Marentelli said other than I was in the clear for obvious reasons. Cause of the incident was attributed to others in his own words - not mine, but hey don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story. Spin it any way like but but it’s pretty clear what happened and by whom. Again if you want to speak to me face face, more than happy to continue this conversation like adults - not like some faceless clown hiding behind a pseudonym on a forum taking cheap pot shots and trying to bend the truth

28Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:00 am

Youngy

Admin
Admin

FAST wrote:
-
Ddog it would be nice to have a chat at the next meeting.

But rather than involve the chief steward again, and given you want to throw me under the bus.

I will give you the inside information about the 300 masters at Ballarat the biggest and best masters' race in the world.

As you are well aware, I live in Ballarat, and Ballarat Is our grand final, the best pro meet in Australia. So obviously I had set myself for it, did the peak etc.

Well for a guy who has defended the SAAL system so strongly perhaps Peter, you may need to reflect on your defence of the SAAL system.

Tom Sclanders was disqualified for basically what you just described as “setting yourself.”

Under the SAAL stewarding model, you are not allowed to peak at a major race or as you describe - the grand final. You are expected to peak at every meet, every week. An upwards deviation from previous performances is considered worthy of a DQ. Sorry to tell you this but you would have almost certainly been disqualified under SAAL’s controversial stewarding model.

https://protrack.forumotion.com

29Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:02 am

BMara

Hello All
Nothing creates interest as much as a "riveting" stewards report. The reports are meant to be informative and because EVERYONE that reads them has a bias and vested interest, the reports create lopsided and irrational babble.
The first suggestion to all, do some research before going to the keyboard.
Parkdale 120m Masters, most runners improved to Ballarat, POD was not the biggest improver, others to improve at least 4m, Bailey, McCann, Drummond, Shillito, Biggs, Dunbar, Ireland, Dobrznski and many others.
The amazing stat out of the event was that POD improved .8 and DDodgy ( who wants a royal commission ) improved .72
I am possibly more forgiving of "swings" in masters sprinting, generally the "nuffie" crowd don't understand the recovery troubles of the poor old masters. I know, I was one.
So to tick off the Ballarat Masters 120, "improvement was significant but was wide spread and no action taken".
The Green Senator " I haven't seen the video yet".  Posted Friday, where have you been?
He did zero research on L McDougall. Although he did point out that he's from a "large stable" an exciting addition to rational discussion. Lets hope he sticks to creek water and kale sandwiches never to be elected.
300m Masters final, the photos posted certainly help our decision and those that understand horse racing will accept the " racing incident" result. We should understand that if you have ten people racing around a horse shoe turn with no lanes, there will be some contact.
Tom H, certainly apologised to Andrew D, in fact twice and seemed extremely sincere.
In years to come we can all say " I was on the grassy knoll" at Ballarat for the masters 300m
Hope you are all tuned in for this weeks edition, maybe a little research before frothing at the mouth.

30Race Report Ballarat? Empty Re: Race Report Ballarat? Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:10 pm

Anonymous

Mara, dodgy here, I was very happy to let BALLARAT be history but there needs to clarification on my times in the 120m over the past few seasons. After Parkdale when I ran 14.0 I informed the stewards that I had injured my back and wore a brace. I also had to change my running action which produced a slow time. I realizeVAL guidelines stipulate that you should not run if injured but most vets run with injuries of some sort. Also how could Pod not be the fastest masters athlete when he was .8 faster from Parkdale. Because you want to use me as an example some simple stats show that in my last twenty runs over 100/120m I have averaged 7.07 MPs against my BALLARAT 7.2 MPs whereas Pod has an average of 7.98mps against 8.5mps at BALLARAT. Pretty simple maths for most.
Fast/pod my intention was not to throw you under a bus, your words, but the video and stills clearly show that you caused the carnage in the 300m. If I had caused I would have owned up to it and taken the consequences.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum