PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Pfundt wins sprint double EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Pfundt wins sprint double EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Pfundt wins sprint double EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Pfundt wins sprint double EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Pfundt wins sprint double EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Pfundt wins sprint double EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Pfundt wins sprint double EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Pfundt wins sprint double EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Pfundt wins sprint double EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pfundt wins sprint double

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pfundt wins sprint double Empty Pfundt wins sprint double Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:52 am

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://www.examiner.com.au/news/local/sport/general/pfundt-claims-sprint-double-with-200m-win/2036892.aspx

Pfundt claims sprint double with 200m win

ATHLETICS BY PHIL EDWARDS
The Examiner
31 Dec, 2010

LAUNCESTON sprinter Thomas Pfundt left his mark on history at the Devonport Carnival last night adding the men's 200-metre final to the Devonport Gift he won on Wednesday.

The 23-year-old electrician achieved the sprint double, equalling the efforts of Hobart runner Sam Crosswell in 2006.

He also made it back-to-back Devonport 200m titles and is thought to be the first man to achieve that feat since 1993.

Pfundt ran from a mark of 17m and held on to beat Hobart's state 100m and 200m champion Jarrod Gilroy who finished second with Hobart's Charlie Leek third in a time of 20.74.

"It's pretty good to win the double and I think I feel better than last night," Pfundt said.

"I was originally marked off 19m and I thought I'd be a fair chance from there but was pulled back two metres and doubted myself a bit - but I'm glad I could get up."

He said he would put celebrations on hold until after Burnie and planned to put his winnings toward paying off his house.

"I've been more focused this season and have just had a more consistent season," he said.

Another Fay Denholm stable runner joined him as Devonport 200m champion with Westbury 17-year-old student Abbey Walters continuing her stellar season by winning the women's final.

Walters backed up from her Latrobe Gift win on Boxing Day to gain her seventh win of the season beating home another Denholm-trained runner, Laura Nicholson, and Ulverstone's Abbey Chapman in 23.84.

"I feel pretty good - I thought they were catching me and then they weren't there any more," the Launceston College student said.

"I saw Laura and thought I'd better dig that bit more.

"I thought `Oh my God I'm dying but I have to keep going."'

Walters paid tribute to her coach Fay Denholm for her outstanding season but said she never expected to achieve two big carnival wins this season. "She has helped me a lot and been very supportive and has got me to train a lot more," she said.

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum