PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Nigerian sprinter is 'privileged' to train with Mills EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Nigerian sprinter is 'privileged' to train with Mills EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Nigerian sprinter is 'privileged' to train with Mills EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Nigerian sprinter is 'privileged' to train with Mills EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Nigerian sprinter is 'privileged' to train with Mills EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Nigerian sprinter is 'privileged' to train with Mills EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Nigerian sprinter is 'privileged' to train with Mills EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Nigerian sprinter is 'privileged' to train with Mills EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Nigerian sprinter is 'privileged' to train with Mills EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nigerian sprinter is 'privileged' to train with Mills

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Sport/5656450-147/metu_relishing_time_with_mills_in.csp

Nigerian sprinter is 'privileged' to train with Mills Jpeg&STREAMOID=e_hcghB64JPvmQzTPf4L$S6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxSTGrrYtd8iU1djbfpUs1DDnW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-
Nigeria’s Obinna Metu runs to win the men’s first round 200m race heat 7 at the “Bird’s Nest” National Stadium during the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.

Metu relishing time with Mills in Jamaica
By Tunde Eludini
234Next.com
December 21, 2010

Poised to help break the jinx of his strings of unimpressive outings on the international scene, G4S Security Company has handed Obinna Metu a rare opportunity to train with World and Olympic record holder Usain Bolt.

Through its sports sponsorship initiative; G4S 4teen project, Metu was chosen alongside 13 other young athletes to help achieve their dreams.

“This is very big opportunity for me and I hope to make the best use of it,” Metu said.

Though he is regarded as one of the current fastest athletes in the country after winning the last two editions of the Mobil Track and Field Championships, Metu whose personal best for the 100m is 10.16 seconds says he knows he still has a lot of work to do if he is to challenge the best.

“I have ran with a Usain Bolt a couple of times, and after those races I know there is still a lot of work for me to be done. With the support and opportunity given to me by G4S, I know I can run under 10 seconds and do well at the London Olympics” he said. Happy with the reception and hospitality given to him so far, Metu is confident that training under Glenn Mills (Bolt’s coach) will help him improve.

“I wish to thank G4S PLC for their huge support and the enormous lengths they have gone in sending me to Jamaica for this amazing training experience with Glen Mills.”

Arrival in Jamaica
Metu said his arrival in Jamaica marked one of the happiest moments in my life.

“Being my first time in Jamaica, I was greatly received at the airport by the Jamaicans, both the media and G4S PLC officials. And they took me with a car down to a beautifully equipped apartment provided by G4S PLC to ensure that I am comfortably settled.

“The following day was great, I met with Glen Mills and he was so nice to me. He took me along with him and we walked through to some of his training departments. He showed me where they train and also, he told me the time I am expected to be at the training sessions. In my conversation with Glen Mills, he told me that I have all it takes to become a champion like Usain and he promises to bring out the best in me”.

He added that his first training with Glen Mills was painful and tough. But at the other hand, he was excited.

“Painful, because it was my first time of training with him and I am not used to the pattern of his training programme. But I got more excited when I was doing it with the World and Olympic Champion (Usain Bolt). I believe that with God and help of G4S PLC, Glen Mills will make something good out of me” he concluded.

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum