PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
'Ready to deliver' - Fraser-Pryce not worried about threat in 100m EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
'Ready to deliver' - Fraser-Pryce not worried about threat in 100m EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
'Ready to deliver' - Fraser-Pryce not worried about threat in 100m EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
'Ready to deliver' - Fraser-Pryce not worried about threat in 100m EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
'Ready to deliver' - Fraser-Pryce not worried about threat in 100m EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
'Ready to deliver' - Fraser-Pryce not worried about threat in 100m EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
'Ready to deliver' - Fraser-Pryce not worried about threat in 100m EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
'Ready to deliver' - Fraser-Pryce not worried about threat in 100m EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
'Ready to deliver' - Fraser-Pryce not worried about threat in 100m EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Ready to deliver' - Fraser-Pryce not worried about threat in 100m

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20130807/sports/sports1.html

'Ready to deliver' - Fraser-Pryce not worried about threat in 100m

André Lowe, Senior Staff Reporter
Jamaican Gleaner
Wednesday | August 7, 2013

Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce looks on as MVP teammate Nesta Carter leaves the blocks during the Jamaica team training session at the Luzhniki Sports Complex in Moscow on Monday. - Ricardo Makyn/Staff Photographer

MOSCOW, Russia:
Despite getting a front-row seat to the increasing threat posed by Nigerian sprinter Blessing Okagbare to her 100m IAAF World Championships ambitions, double Olympic 100m champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce is not allowing herself to become too concerned with her rivals as she looks to underline her class here over the coming days.

Okagbare left world-leader Fraser-Pryce in fourth place as she romped to a personal best, 10.79, clocking in her Sainsbury's London Anniversary Games 100m win a few days ago.

However, the Jamaican is quite pleased with how her season has gone so far this year and is doing her best to focus on her own progression.

"So far, I am pleased with how everything is going because it's all part of making a champion; every difficulty, every challenge you have had to overcome and so far this season, I have put myself mentally in the position to deliver when it matters," said Fraser-Pryce, whose 10.77 is the best this season.

And delivered she has.

READY WHEN IT MATTERS

"I don't know exactly what it is, but I know I'm just ready when it matters. Persons who know me would say that I thrive under pressure, so maybe that's it," Fraser-Pryce said.

The bubbly sprinter has developed a knack of making it count on the biggest stage, winning gold medals at the Beijing Olympic Games in 2008, the IAAF World Championships in Berlin a year later and also at Olympics in London in 2012.

Nonetheless, Fraser-Pryce, who has been training well since her arrival in Moscow on Sunday evening, is confident of her own abilities despite that recent defeat.

"I am thinking about what Shelly-Ann can do, I am not thinking about anybody else because for me, I believe at Championships, persons don't come here to lay down and hand you a medal, I am here to focus on what I need to do, focus on my lane and everything else will fall into place," Fraser-Pryce said.

'YOU NEVER KNOW'

"Everybody is here to get something, but I am not focusing on any individual athlete because for me, you never know. But if you're mentally and physically ready, you can get there, so that's what I'm focusing on."

She continued, "The ladies in the 100m have been doing phenomenal things and running well and that's a challenge. I love challenges and I am ready and praying that everything works out.

"I am here to compete and that's the focus. I have been tapering down in training and trusting God to do what I came here to do," she added.

Two years ago at the last IAAF World Championships, Fraser-Pryce, struggling with injury, could only manage a fourth-place finish in the 100m, but that disappointment is squarely behind her and she made it clear that she has no interest in making any points or proving anything to anyone here.

"I have gotten over Daegu, to be honest because you cannot live in the past; it happened and I am now past that. I am not here to prove anything to anybody, I am here to do the best," Fraser-Pryce underscored. "I have been training well and getting physically and mentally ready, so for now, I'm not thinking about dethroning or reclaiming anything, I am just here to execute, have fun and enjoy the championships."

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum