PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Lolo Jones tries bobsled because she's 'so desperate' EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Lolo Jones tries bobsled because she's 'so desperate' EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Lolo Jones tries bobsled because she's 'so desperate' EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Lolo Jones tries bobsled because she's 'so desperate' EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Lolo Jones tries bobsled because she's 'so desperate' EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Lolo Jones tries bobsled because she's 'so desperate' EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Lolo Jones tries bobsled because she's 'so desperate' EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Lolo Jones tries bobsled because she's 'so desperate' EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Lolo Jones tries bobsled because she's 'so desperate' EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lolo Jones tries bobsled because she's 'so desperate'

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/hiestand-tv/2013/03/17/lolo-jones-hbo-olympics-virgin-bobsled-mike-tyson-robin-givens-real-sports/1994593/

Lolo Jones tries bobsled because she's 'so desperate'

Michael Hiestand,
USA TODAY
March 17, 2013

Lolo Jones says her efforts to make the 2014 U.S. Olympic bobsled team have nothing to do with bobsledding.

Jones tells HBO's Real Sports, which is scheduled to debut Tuesday at 10 p.m. ET, that she is motivated by her loss in the 100-meter hurdles at the London Games last summer, when she finished in fourth place.

"If I won a freakin' medal -- if I won any medal -- I would not be a bobsledder," she said. "Absolutely not. Are you kidding me? No. No!"

Jones competed on the World Cup circuit this winter and remains a candidate to make the Olympic bobsled team in January.

"I'm so desperate. Desperate," Jones said. "It absolutely doesn't matter (whether she wins in the Winter or Summer Games.) And you know the hard question will be is if I get a medal for bobsled, and I get a medal finally for track, which would I love more?"

Jones, 29, generated buzz in May when she said she remained a virgin. Later, she tweeted about the reaction to that news: "I've seen celebs get teased less for releasing sex tapes. #ironic"

At the London Games, Jones garnered more attention when she responded to press reports that her fame depended more on her self-marketing than on her athletic achievements. She went on NBC's Today show to complain emotionally about being "ripped apart by media."

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum