PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
Linford Christie to appear in 'I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!' EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
Linford Christie to appear in 'I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!' EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
Linford Christie to appear in 'I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!' EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
Linford Christie to appear in 'I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!' EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
Linford Christie to appear in 'I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!' EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
Linford Christie to appear in 'I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!' EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
Linford Christie to appear in 'I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!' EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
Linford Christie to appear in 'I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!' EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
Linford Christie to appear in 'I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!' EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Linford Christie to appear in 'I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!'

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/tv/reality/Im+A+Celebrity+Interview+Linford+Christie-59244.html

Linford Christie to appear in 'I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!' Iac-linford-3_11,10

I'm A Celebrity Interview : Linford Christie
Thursday 11th November 2010

Date of birth: 2nd April 1960
Phobias – I am about to find out!
Missing any special occasion? No.
Relationship status: Long-term relationship

As a former Olympic and World Champion, Linford Christie is used to training hard but he says nothing can prepare him for life in the jungle.

The 50-year-old track runner, who is the only British man to have won gold medals in the 100 metres at all four major competitions open to British athletes, admits taking part in the programme is something completely out of his comfort zone.

“When you are competing for a race, you know what you are doing,” he explains. “This is unknown. It is going to be hard work and you do wonder what it is going to be like.

“I am trying not to think about it too much though as otherwise it will stress you out. The best thing to do is face it all when you get there.”

Amazingly for someone so used to winning, Linford says he is not hatching up a plan to make sure he walks away with the title ‘King of the Jungle’.

“People will be going in there to win and they have an agenda. But I am going in there to meet people and have fun,” says Linford.

Now retired from British athletics, Linford runs his own sports management company and helps coach other athletes. His main reason for taking part in I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! he explains, is to do ‘something for himself’.

“I have spent years since I retired doing things for everyone else,” he adds. “I am always coaching. I grew up in Jamaica and we played with insects. I don’t do that anymore and I haven’t been camping in my life either. It would be nice to pick up some tips! This is going to be a challenge for me and it will be an experience. This is very much ‘me’ time.

“I don’t know if I have got any phobias, but I will soon find out!”

At this stage, there is nothing he will refuse to do, but he admits the thought of eating testicles fills him with horror.

“I am not sure about the testicle thing,” he confides. “I am a guy. I don’t eat testicles. But you do have to pull your weight and if it means you won’t eat, you will have to do things you don’t want to do.”

He says he will be over the moon if he makes his kids laugh.

“They don’t actually know I am doing this yet but whenever they watch the programme, they tell me to go on so they can laugh,” he says. “I am sure they will think it is cool and they can laugh at my expense. If they laugh, it means I have done well.”

And it’s his children who he will miss the most. “I used to go away for months when I was competing but I could talk to them on Skype or on the phone,” he adds. “In the jungle I won’t be able to and I will miss my kids the most of course.”

He sees his role in the camp as a cook. “I do enjoy cooking and I can cook,” he says. “Mind you, I have watched this programme in the past where people have had bad habits and they have put their spoon in the food to taste it (whilst it is cooking). I don’t like that and I won’t tolerate that.”

He thinks he is an easy going person and he says he doesn’t have any misconceptions to dispel. “What you see is what you get,” he continues. “It takes a lot for me to get angry and I do like discussing things. I have never had a room mate before and this will give me a chance to get to know some other people.

“I do have a sense of humour. I am nuts, I laugh a lot and I am crazy!

“As for not having too much food, that doesn’t bother me as I can go through a whole day without eating. And I sleep – so don’t worry about me!”

And what is he most looking forward to? “Having fun,” he replies. “But a bit of eye candy would go down well too!”

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum