PROTRACK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Maryborough in 2021
"Female" Asian Games gold medallist accused of rape EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm by Guest

» Incident at Bendigo with POD
"Female" Asian Games gold medallist accused of rape EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm by Guest

» When will Stawell 2020 be held?
"Female" Asian Games gold medallist accused of rape EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 5:18 pm by Guest

» Central Park Stawell under water
"Female" Asian Games gold medallist accused of rape EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 7:21 pm by Guest

» 80’s Stawell Footage
"Female" Asian Games gold medallist accused of rape EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 pm by Guest

» Stawell Gift postponement
"Female" Asian Games gold medallist accused of rape EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm by Guest

» Geelong gift cancelled
"Female" Asian Games gold medallist accused of rape EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:02 pm by Guest

» Death Notice Peter Cross
"Female" Asian Games gold medallist accused of rape EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 am by Youngy

» Geelong Gift
"Female" Asian Games gold medallist accused of rape EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm by Guest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Female" Asian Games gold medallist accused of rape

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Youngy

Admin
Admin

http://au.eurosport.com/athletics/runner-accused-of-rape_sto3312732/story.shtml

Asian Games gold medallist accused of rape

Posted by Eurosport
15/06/2012

"Female" Asian Games gold medallist accused of rape 852647-14465377-640-360

An Indian runner who won a gold medal in the women's 4x400m relay at the 2006 Asian Games has been arrested on rape charges levelled by a woman who claims the former athlete is actually a man.

Pinki Pramanik was arrested on Thursday following the complaint lodged by the woman who said she was the live-in partner of the athlete, Subrata Bandopadhyay, a deputy commissioner with West Bengal police, said.

"In her complaint, the woman levelled rape charges against Pramanik. She said they have been living together for quite a while," Bandopadhyay said.

Police have obtained a court order for a medical test to prove Pramanik's gender, Bandopadhyay said, even though the former athlete is opposing it.

"I have undergone numerous tests in my career as an athlete. Why should I agree to more ridiculous tests?" she was quoted as saying by Times of India.

Another 2006 Asian Games medallist, Santhi Soundarajan, was stripped of the women's 800 metres silver medal after failing a gender test and the Athletics Federation of India is shocked at the possibility of a second such embarrassment.

"It's a tricky situation now and we are waiting for an official report on her medical test," AFI secretary C.K. Valson said.

"We can't take any decision unless we have the report with us."

However, Valson was not sure if Pramanik risked losing her medals even if medical tests went against her.

"I don't think she can be stripped of the medals she won six years back. A lot of physical changes can take place in those six years," Valson said.

"We never had any such complaint against her when she was an active athlete and naturally there was no question of subjecting her to a gender test.

"You can't put an athlete through gender test unless and until another athlete has accused her of being a male," added the AFI official.

https://protrack.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum